IKE, IKE, HE'S OUR MAN !!!!!
Well as many of you know we now live in Houston Texas. We live on the south side and YES that means closer to the water and hurricanes. We have dodged 2 hurricanes already this summer with barely any rain, but our luck has run out I guess. We went to the midwife yesterday morning and Shellie has not progressed at all and so we didn't feel like we needed to evacuate. Our county is where the hurricane is going to hit the worst and although everyone else in our county was under a mandatory evacuation order, we were not. However with Shellie being in the situation she is in, we decided to pack our stuff up just in case. As of Wednesday night we were not even considering evacuating but with all the new updates on Thurs. morning we decided to be safe and pack up. So we put all of our important stuff on counters and high in closets. Devin works in Kingwood (North side of Houston) so the family packed up and went to work with him just in case we decided to evacuate. All day Thursday the news seemed to be getting worse and worse, so we made the "smart" decision and started driving to Dallas to stay with Devin's parents.
Most of our stuff is still in boxes anyway....
HOPEFULLY THE WINDOWS HOLD UP
WE PACK UP THE TRUCK WITH THE ESSENTIALS AND ALL OF OUR BABY STUFF JUST IN CASE. ADDIE JUST THINKS THIS IS A VACATION TO SEE GRANDMA AND GRANDPA WILLIAMS
I hope you got gas before Thursday because if not then it is anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour wait, IF they even have any gas left.
AND WE BEGIN THE EVACUATION PROCESS!!!!!!!
THINGS ARE MOVING DECEIVINGLY FAST
THERE ARE THE RED TAIL LIGHTS I WILL COME TO KNOW VERY WELL FOR THE NEXT SEVERAL HOURS.
It took much much longer than it should have and not because there was a mass exit of 1 million people (Idaho's population) from Houston. It took longer because the whole way to Dallas people thought it fun to pull off the the side of the road in groups of 6 cars or more, and have a little party drinking and talking. This means that as we get cruising up to 55 or 60 MPH we would have to stop suddenly because people were walking and hanging out on the shoulder right by the lane of traffic. Not to judge anyone's culture but it must be a hispanic thing because of the 30 or more groups that were doing this, EVERYONE was hispanic. I guess they just tried to enjoy their evacuation or something but it sure made it slower on the rest of us. WHO KNOWS???
Bottom line is we are now sitting safely (for now) in Dallas at Devin's parents place. I say "for now" because just turning on the weather channel and it says it could still be hurricane strength by the time it gets up here, and after us it is going up to Kansas City and higher. I guess we should have continued on to Canada eh?
MY MOTHER IN LAW IS NO LONGER SPEAKING TO ME FOR BRINGING SHELLIE AND THE KIDS DOWN HERE. SORRY CAROL.



7 comments:
Yikes! Well you guys have friends in Columbus, OH if you need to get farther away :) Good luck with the baby!
ya im thinking about not talking to you now devin. now the hurricanes following you and going to run into grandma and grandpa! u should have stayed here. :D jk. i hope ur safe.
luv
maegan
Thinking about you and praying that the baby stays put for a while. Love you!!!
We think of you every day and you are in our prayers. Keep us updated on that is happening. I hope everything stays safe at your home. I am glad you have evacuated.
Crazy stuff....but I'm glad you guys are safe. Hope your house holds up well! Good luck with the baby - you guys will be in our prayers!
Oh boy! I hope everything is ok with you all and your house and stuff. And on top of all the hurricane mess you are about to have a baby! Gracious! Hope all goes well and good luck!
I feel like I'm stalking you right now cuz I keep checking your blog to see how you guys are doing! How is your house? How is Shellie? Let us know soon! Hope you're doing okay!
Post a Comment