Well let me just fill you in on the last few months around here. We moved to Texas the end of June which was kindof a pain to move all our stuff. Then a couple months later after house sitting for a friend we moved again into a short term rental home. Then, of course, Hurricane Ike hit and we had to evacuate not knowing if our little baby was going to come or not. We made it through that and got back home to have Noah join us on September 19th. Then about a week later we received a call about my dad. As you may or may not know, my dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 Mantel Cell Lymphoma Cancer. He has been doing chemo treatments since then. We were told he was in the hospital and they didn't know what was wrong. He was in severe pain and in the critical care unit. The next morning after hearing about my dad, when emotions were already high; Noah spit up some blood. The pediatrician was worried and sent me up to the hospital to run blood tests all day. It turns out that everything was fine but they just wanted to make sure. They were worried he had a blood problem that had something to do with me being RH-. Luckily everything was fine. I was an emotional wreck with my dad and Noah in the hospital. With the severity of my dad, all my brothers and sisters and I that don't live in Rexburg headed home in case something were to happen. So the next day I flew by myself with my 3 kids (Yes it was crazy) to Utah. My sweet husband however had contacted the airlines to have someone assist me everywhere I went. As the story continues, my dad ended up having an infection in his lungs. It was very scary for everyone, but he is home now and doing well. He is such a fighter. So things seemed to be getting better, so I decided I better get my little family home. We headed to Utah to see some family for a few days before we flew out. And the second day we were there Addie came down with viral meningitis. So just when I thought we had had enough with hospitals we were back in the ER. Addie had to have a spinal tap and believe me as a parent that is not something you like to see . . . a very long needle in your child's back while she is screaming and they have two people holding her down. She was sedated so she doesn't remember any of that, but I think I needed a little sedation too. She was released from the hospital at 9:00pm on Wednesday night and we flew out at 7 am the next morning. Thinking she was getting better was a mistake. By the time we got to Houston Addie couldn't walk. She was in severe pain because of the inflammation. It took two more days before she started getting better. She had a hard time walking and had severe spinal headaches. Boy was daddy glad we were home. He had such a hard time not being able to be with Addie. So daddy picked us up at the airport and then we just headed to his office with him for the afternoon. We were all ready to be home and get some rest. Well that night when we got home our fridge and freezer and died. We lost all our food again (since we lost it all from the hurricane). So we went the weekend with no fridge. Then the day the repair man came to fix it our dishwasher sprung a leak with water all over.
Well you are probably all wondering how we got by all this. In summary, we moved, moved again, had a hurricane, evacuated, returned home, had a baby, baby in hospital, dad in hospital, flight with 3 kids, Addie in hospital, fridge died, dishwasher leaked . . . .After the first few things, we just had to keep saying, "Bring It On." When it rains, it pours, and we had a flood. Thank goodness for friends, family, and our Heavenly Father to get us by.
5 comments:
Hey Shellie,
WOW! I can't believe it. You must be so strong, cuz Heavenly Father can't push everyone's buttons like that. Most people could not handle trials like that. I hope life gets back to normal for you, I'll keep you in my prayers!
Holy cow guys! What a few months you've had! Sorry about all of that stuff-- Devin's posts while you were gone were so cute. Glad you're back safe & here's wishing you have a very uneventful future!
oh my word shellie-
my heart goes out to you and your little family. you have definitely had your share and i'm thinking you should be in the clear for some time. i'll be thinking about you... enjoy that sweet new baby, such a cutie!
WOW! What an unbelievable time you guys have had. I know we are far away...but please let us know if we can do anything. My heart goes out to you and your family with everything you are going through with your dad...and to add your kids to the mix must have been very difficult. You are one strong family! Hang in there!
Shellie, you are tuff. I don't think I could deal with all of that if it happened to my family. I can't believe you flew by yourself with 3 kids. I thought flying with one was bad enough. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Post a Comment